So, I'm still at work - trying to get a few things done before I leave for Atlanta on Friday. Who knows if I'll be able to get everything done... If I don't, oh well. I'm giving it the best I've got. Really!
Been thinking about the changes that have been taking place within me this past year. Had another "conversation" with my dad last week about his behavior, and how I refuse to ignore his actions anymore. My parents inadvertently trained me to speak up or shut off (the best AND worst of both my parents), and I'm tired of keeping quiet.
Sadly, he tried to shut me out on his birthday, but my mom spoke up and wouldn't let him get away with that. Dinner turned out to be nice - we avoided all conflict (we do that on birthdays, for the most part). We'll see what the long-term ramifications are for sharing my thoughts.
Getting stuff done at work - letters sent, calls made, and websites planned. It's slow-going, but I'm working on all that, nonetheless. And, during this crazy time, I've found peace and solace. God has been faithful - providing money and passionate workers.
As for Atlanta, I'm getting excited. People keep asking me if things are getting serious, and I can't say it out loud. When one older gentleman asked me that very question this morning (and I dodged the question), he said words were not needed - he could tell my answer from my eyes.
Oh, the eyes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment