Sunday, June 22, 2008

Missing

There are a couple things that I have been missing lately. Number one, I'm totally, sincerely, absolutely missing Dave now that it's been a week since I've seen him. A nice reminder that I enjoy his company and eagerly await his return from Atlanta.

Number two, I have been missing the mark regarding the way I talk about him. Always wanting to be the practical, level-headed one, I have over-compensated (rather, under-compensated) my excitement to be with someone so special. So, in an effort to be open, I was held accountable this weekend by the two most important women in my life - Lish and my mom.

After all, what's wrong with being giddy and hopeful - especially in front of the ones I love and want honest feedback?

I don't want to miss the mark on this. And I need to remember that I can't stop working on it.

No comments: