Okay, so I filled this out on my MySpace earlier today and thought it would be fun to post it here. Am a allowed to do that on an official blog? Or is that too junior high? Oh well, it's MY blog. I'll do what I want with it. :)
Where did you begin 2007?
I was at the Urbana Conference in St. Louis with a bunch of Fuller students!
Were you in school (anytime this year)?
Yes – from January to September… And thank goodness I graduated!!
Did you have to go to the hospital?
Nope, but I needed to a couple times with all that paper writing.
Did you have any encounters with the police?
Nope. I must be losing my touch.
Where did you go on vacation?
Orlando, FL and (kinda a vacation, but work was involved) Singapore!! :)
What did you purchase that was over $500?
A flight to Singapore… Books… Education… And a new car - 2008 Chevy Malibu!
Did you know anybody who got married?
Chris and Isela :)
Did you know anybody who passed away?
I think so… But I don’t remember going to any funerals this year.
Did you move anywhere?
I briefly moved to the land of insanity when I was finishing my classes… And I moved to Singapore for five weeks!
What sporting events did you attend?
I think Melany invited me to a Clippers game this past year. Hey, it was free!
What concerts/shows did you go to?
Lish said Quetzal in her survey, so I was probably there too. Plus, I saw Frida with some rockin chicks, and Wicked with some cool Fuller peeps.
Where do you live now?
I’m sticking with Pasadena… yay!
Describe your birthday.
Oh man, it was a month of celebrations (cuz we all know that I don’t have a birthday – it’s a birth-MONTH)! I can’t remember what I did, but I think there were three or four different parties. Tee hee!
What's the one thing you thought you would never do but did in 2007?
Travel to Asia… And be single again.
What has been your favorite moment(s)?
If I had to pick one, it would be going out to Newbury Park to see my little cousins play soccer and watching my 5-year old cousin Elizabeth score her first goal (actually, her first THREE!).
What's something you learned about yourself?
I learned that when I let go and trust God, He really does give me His best… I finished school with no clue of what I was going to do with my degree and an amazing opportunity was literally dropped into my lap.
Any new additions to your family?
All the time… My friends are my extended family. :)
What was your best month?
Best? Define “best.” Well, since you didn’t… I’d have to say June was the most exciting (graduating and leaving for Singapore). July was the most reflective (meeting new people and making life-changing decisions). August was the hardest (coming home, sticking with my decisions, and suffering from reverse culture shock). September was the most stressful yet relaxing (turning in all my papers, but getting a couple weeks off to do nothing). Every month has been transforming in some way.
Made new friends?
Yes, and I’m so blessed to hear their perspectives on life… I’ve had so many paradigm shifts within the last couple of months, and I appreciate each and every one of them.
Best new friend?
Ummm… There are many new friends, but I don’t think there’s a best.
Favorite Night out?
Oh, there’s so many! I still have to say that salsa nights are my fav.
Any regrets?
I still haven’t gone to a football game, dangitt. I regret that I haven’t followed through (and it’s going on five years since I made that goal for myself).
What do you want to change in 2008?
I’m just looking to grow… We’ll see what happens!
Overall, how would you rate this year?
On a scale of 1-10? I’ll go for a 7.8. But remember, the year ain’t over yet!
What would you change about 2007?
I’m never a fan of heartbreak… I wish life didn’t have to hurt so bad, sometimes. But, I don’t think I’d change the outcome.
What did you like most about 2007?
Graduating!
Other than home, where did you spend most of your time?
Ohhhh, let’s see…. School.
Have any life changes in 2007?
Yes – see above (What was your best month?)
Change your hairstyle?
Ya, I’m now a brunette!
New BF/GF?
Nope, I’m happily single. And learning a heckuva lot about myself.
Get a new job?
Yes, I’m now a marketing peep for Fuller Seminary in its Development Department.
How old did you turn this year?
28.
Do you have a New Year's resolution?
No need to wait for January 1 to make some changes. I’ve already decided to embrace life with all I’ve got.
Do anything embarrassing?
Of course! Luckily they’re not as memorable as the embarrassing moment of 2004 - I didn’t rip any pants at the seam on the way to see Maya Angelou THIS year.
Buy anything new from eBay?
Nope, never bought anything off of eBay before.
What was your favorite purchase?
I’m lovin’ my new car – he’s a hot little thing. Then again, it’s just a THING.
Get married or divorced?
Nope and nope.
Get arrested?
Nope… Again, I must be losing my touch.
Be honest - did you watch American Idol?
Just the finale. :)
Did you get sick this year?
Yes. I’ve sounded like a squawking chicken for the past week, thank you very much.
Start a new hobby?
I keep starting and stopping the salsa dancing thing.
Been snowboarding?
Not this year. But I did buy a boogie board. That was a pretty nifty investment.
Are you happy to see 2007 go?
In some ways… But then, 2008 will mean that I’m getting closer to 29… And 30… Hmph.
Drank Starbucks in 2007?
I’m a social drinker when it comes to Starbucks. I still have a $10 gift card that’s been sitting in my wallet for about two months now. :)
Been naughty or nice?
Depends on who you ask. :-..
What are you wishing for in 2008?
Freedom. Wisdom. Friendship. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment