Another reminder to be careful what I pray for. I've been asking God to teach me not to be such a pushover when it comes to my decisions. For those I love, I want nothing more than to make everyone happy. However, that's not always the best for me.
So, I've learned to avoid, change the subject, or just concede when something gets too uncomfortable. A classic case of the Pushovers.
This morning, I turned on the TV and saw that Evan Almighty was playing. Perfect timing, because my favorite scene popped up. It's the moment when God talks to Evan's wife, Joan:
"Let me ask you something. If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If he prayed for courage, does God give him courage, or does he give him opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for the family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings, or does he give them opportunities to love each other?"
Believe it; God answers prayer. Now, to have the courage to stand up for what I believe in those difficult moments!
God, I ask for the wisdom to know what to do, and the courage to do it...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment