Crunch, crunch, crunch goes the work day.
Today seems to be the big day for things happening - callers coming back to the office after a 2-month haitus, mailing issues needing to be worked out, and trying to plan today's training session. All in one gulp.
Gulp.
I'm learning how to work under pressure. I'm good at it, but in a backwards kind of way. I thrive in it. I need to stop that. I'm going to lose my hair - and my mind - if I keep working this way.
All the while, I'm realizing something about myself that is not an easy thing to grasp. The fact is, it's barely (yes barely) hit me that I don't like conflict. Most people don't like conflict, but I literally walk away (or don't answer my phone) when it happens. I'm starting to realize that's taking the easy way out of life, and God is making it abundantly clear that this is the next step in the process of growing up.
It hurts.
I don't like to be unliked. And I certainly don't like to be the foot-putter-downer. That may not be a very grown up way of putting it, but it's crunch time, people! I'm feeling the crunch! :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment