Okie dokie. It's about time that I follow the fad and take the time to talk about... ME! Actually, I haven't done one of these in awhile, so I'm sure I'll be surprised with the answers! So, please enjoy 25 random things about me:
1. Personal goal: Years ago, I made it a goal to visit every continent (minus Antarctica) before my 30th birthday. I still have South America and Australia on the list... And only 7 more months.
2. When I was younger, I told people that I wanted to be a paleopathologist when I grew up. It was a big, fun word, and thought it was cool to walk around saying it. Then I found out what it meant and decided I wanted to be an artist.
3. I hate conflict. No, really. When people start to argue in front of me (not necessarily with me), I either run away or shut down.
4. In high school I met Yakov Smirnoff and asked him if he ate cheese (I was an admittedly odd teenager). The answer: yes, but only soy cheese. He's lactose intolerant.
5. I can find a six-point sermon in almost ANY Disney movie. Just ask me about The Incredibles or Pollyanna. It's quite profound.
6. I'm an introverted-extrovert. I love to be around people, but I'm not comfortable having deep conversations with people I don't really know.
7. Pet peeves: condescending people, chipped nails, and drivers who cross the double-yellow line to get to the Diamond Lane (in this order).
8. I've seen around 30 professional musicals/plays... And I would have to say my favorites are Lion King, Wicked and Cats (in this order).
9. When I get bored, I google people. And let's just say, I've found some interesting stuff on all y'all.
10. It feels like I tempt fate whenever I eat sushi. There's a strange thrill that I get knowing I can eat raw fish and live to tell about it.
11. Greatest Fear: I'll be honest - it used to be marriage. But I've grown, people! Now it's tin foil. Hey, have YOU ever cut yourself on foil? Just the thought makes me squirm. Bleeeeeeh.
12. I have never seen Cirque du Soleil's "O," but I'm up for seeing it with anyone who wants to go with me!
13. Someone asked for my hand in marriage and offered 30 cows as a "bride price" when I visited Botswana in 2003.
14. Fourteen is my favorite number.
15. Growing up, I was known as the painfully shy and quiet bookworm.
16. Give me a reason to dress up (silly, formal, or themed) and I'm there.
17. I've tried to learn Spanish (several times) to no avail. I'm determined to move to South America and immerse myself in the language.
18. Strange talent: I can make my eyeballs shake.
19. I've known my best friend for more than 22 years, and it all started with a little dog named Tara who I found in my front yard...
20. I once told God that I never wanted to go to Asia or the Middle East, or date someone from the South. Well, I did my internship in Singapore in 2007, and am dating a guy from Atlanta who has a passion for the Middle East (and was a missionary in Lebanon). Go figure.
21. I have realized that I should never use "never" when talking to God.
22. Disneyland is the best place to relax from the stresses of life, hands down. Bad day at work? Go visit Peter Pan. Got a speeding ticket? Go ride Autopia. And when all else fails... Go people watching over a bowl of clam chowder. It's the best.
23. I was voted "Most Daring" my senior year of high school.
24. I'm a self-admitted workaholic. But I'm slowly getting better, especially when friends hold me accountable and tell me to go home.
25. Hey God, I "never" want to move to Hawaii, Greece or Italy. ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment