Yesterday, Dave delivered his very first sermon at Westminster Presbyterian Church in Burbank. He did wonderfully, of course! I'm so proud of him for being well-prepared and his normal outgoing self. :) He talked about God's grace, and how we are to extend that hospitality to the widow, orphan and the stranger. A great sermon, indeed!
Dave's sermon is part of a bigger series talking about the church's mission statement - which is good since most people probably don't know what it is! Paul mentioned something briefly before Dave got up to preach that hit me. He said that they adopted the mission statement after remembering a quote from the movie, Apollo 13. The quote was something like, "Focus on what you do right, not what you do wrong."
I needed that. Focus on what I do right, not what I do wrong... And in the bigger context of leadership, I found this:
Apollo 13 and the Lessons of Leadership
More Apollo 13 Lessons on Leadership
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment