Monday, February 11, 2008

Balancing Work

So here I am, still at work at 6:35 on a Monday evening... I have been pretty good at balancing work with home life, but I have to admit I'm feeling the pressure to perform. After all, I've been focusing on building relationships with co-workers, department heads, regional representatives and donors. That's been the fun part.

Now I need to get into the nitty-gritty details of finding out statistics, determine goals and objectives for the next year (or three), balance my marketing budget, and - the hardest yet - prove that my expertise is worth the investment.

It's not easy balancing the two at work. You know, being task- and/or person-oriented.

I desire to sit and create lifelong relationships with people who need to be heard, given the opportunity to share their ideas and concerns about work, as well as encourage them to dream bigger. It's so disheartening to see people who have a passion to work here and feel like their wings have been clipped. Augh.

At the same time, I want to show them that shaking up this place a bit is NEEDED. It will pay off if we think outside the box, depend on technology (finally), believe in our donors a little more... But I need to prove it. I need results.

It's not supposed to be easy, I guess. That's where I've determined that God is really growing me - fighting to be a Christ-centered woman of God with a mission heart and business mind. And I must say, it's definitely been a battle thus far!

Ah, sweet balance... Time to go home. :)

No comments: